"The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender."
Proverbs 22:7 ESV
Think about the second part of that Psalm for a minute "the borrower is the slave of the lender." Most of us who have debt really do feel enslaved to paying it off and getting out of debt. Whether we have student loans, credit card debt, or owe on our favorite store credit cards, those monthly payments hold us in bondage.
The good news is, there is a way out and a way forward.
Sure, there are tons of books, articles and blogs on this topic. And there are financial courses available to help you walk through the journey of getting out of debt. But what if we want more than just to become debt free? What if we want to know what God's purpose is for our money?
"God has either already planted or wants to plant an adventurous dream inside each of us dreams to have an impact and to change the world! But, in order to see these God-sized dreams accomplished, we must REALIGN our lives with God's way of doing things. God s original purpose for our money is to know Him and make Him known!" - Josh Lawson, author of REALIGN
So first, we have to start with where our beliefs about money began to form. Believe it or not, they start when we are very young. Once we identify how some of our money-related beliefs even began, our thinking then needs to undergo a transformation based on the Word of God.
Whether your situation is...
- living paycheck to paycheck
- buried under massive student loan debt
- due to job loss or reduction
- because of unexpected life change
- or any other reason under the sun
In REALIGN: Finding God's Purpose For Your Money, husband and wife team Josh and Jenny Lawson, take you on a life changing adventure. They grab you by the hand and help you address your financial issues starting from the inside out. You'll learn to...
- put God in His rightful place where we are living for His Kingdom and not our own
- recognize the need for God s leadership and daily input in our financial decisions
- deal with your whole self, not just your finances
- live more simply and say no to materialism, greed and gluttony
- look at the foundational issues and sins that cause poor financial decisions
- live open-handed and be willing to give everything away
Imagine a year from now, not only seeing some real progress in whatever your debt goals are, but also understanding why you think what you think about money and how it impacts all financial decisions. Then taking it all a step further and learning how to manage your money God's way.
Anyone in any financial sitation can benefit from REALIGN. Afterall, you're learning God's plan and purpose for your money!